Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday night

My life is complete now that Josie is here. I love waking up in the morning to see her next to me.. I love rocking her to sleep at night.. I love that she trusts me and falls asleep in my arms.. I love when she smiles at me.. I love that she coos at me.. I love how she snores and breaths so noisy at night.. I love the way she smells.. I love absolutely everything about her. Its amazing what a child can do to you! I am so protective of her and want to give her the whole world. I cant imagine my life without her. She is such a happy, loving baby. She is so cuddly. I cant get enough of her! She has grown so much in the last 10 weeks.. I am extremely saddened to say that she doesnt have much time left in her 0-3 months outfits.. I cried when I had to retire the newborn sized clothing.. I am a sappy mom! As much as I love to see her sprout and become a little person with an adorable personality, I am also saddened to know she is growing out of that tiny, newborn, sleep in your arms baby! Now onto the 3-6 months clothes. She has barely worn her 0-3! It feels like I just put her in them! I think she has at least worn all her 0-3 months outfits at least once.. I think theres still a couple that are still new.. Her new born sized outfits were never worn twice! haha kinda sad to think she got so many!! But this is just the beginning, I had better get used to her getting bigger and bigger!

We went to Josie's 2 month doctor appointment last week. She weighs 10 lbs 9 oz and is 23.5 inches long (was born at 6 lbs 4 oz and 18 inches!) so she is growing perfectly! She is in the 50th percentile on everything except her height, she is in the 90th percentile. Shes my tall girl. Shes getting chunky with little rolls on her legs and a double chin! Its adorable! She is ahead in her developmental age. She can almost roll over already which is amazing, She holds her head really well and has strong legs! She kicks nonstop when she is on her back. The nurse says thats a sign of her walking earlier opposed to later! She had to get 3 shots and she was not a happy camper about that! She cried so hard and broke my heart! I am not looking forward to having to do that numerous times for the next couple years! Oh well, its only to help her :)

I am really excited for Halloween! I already have Josies outfit and now I need to get mine and Matt's made. Im not going to say what we are all going to be, I'll let it be a surprise and then put a picture on here when we dress up! We have two parties to go to, One on Matt's side of the family and one on mine. That will be Josie's first Holiday, very exciting!

As you can see from the pictures from the last post, her baptism was beautiful! It was an absolutely perfect day.. She wore the dress that my Aunt Nana, mom and me were all baptized in. My grandma made her a beautiful blanket for her to have for it. My mother in law gave her an adorable bracelet that has the sweetest meaning: The card that came with it read:

A bracelet for her Christening day
Tied sweetly at her wrist.
Will hold a sacred memory of
That day she was blessed.

Then lovingly preserve this bracelet
Softly tucking it away
To nestle in her shiny hair
On other Holy Days.

And when the months have turned into years
Filled with tears and Joy,
Your baby girl, then all grown up,
Will find that special boy.

That "something old and something new"
That every bride must carry,
Include this flower in her bouquet
On the day that she should Marry.

Isnt that so sweet! I love it. So she wore it on her tiny wrist during her baptism. Its very special.. Afterwards we had a little get together at our house and had everyone over for dinner and cake! It was alot of fun!

Well I should be in bed since she is sleeping but this blog is long overdue! I would like to keep it updated more often but Im not so good at doing that! Hope everyone has had a nice weekend :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

It seriously goes by so fast! I'm glad you are enjoying each stage. And Josie is SOOO cute!