Friday, December 23, 2011

4 months later..

Looking back, my last post was in August! Yikes, 4 months ago. I used to really enjoy keeping this updated. I guess now is better than never! Alot has happened in 4 months!! Josie is growing like a weed as expected! We took our first family vacation in October and it was a big one! We went back East and visited alot of family and did a ton of sight seeing. In July, Matt got a new/better job and he loves it! He now works at BD Medical in their machine shop, he programs and creates parts for the company! Its better pay, better benefits, better everything! I got a new job and absolutely love it too. I now know why I wanted to be a nurse.. Being able to help people and watch them progress is so rewarding. I work at a rehabilitation hospital and we get patients who are post-surgery, or really weak, or post-illness, etc, and they need physical therapy and occupational therapy before they can go home and be independent again. I enjoy it so much, it reminds me everytime I work, why I wanted to be a nurse. I am in the process of going back to school and getting my RN. No more putting it off. I only need to take 3 classes to apply to the LPN-RN program! Working as an LPN also helped financially. I make alot more, double what I did before and that helps us out alot.. Paying off debt, bettering ourselves... I count my blessings everyday.. An amazing, loving, providing husband, A beautiful, sweet, kind baby girl, we are all healthy, both of our amazing families, we both have wonderful jobs, a roof over our heads, etc. I just never want to take it for granted.. I am extremely greatful..

We went to New York in Oct!!!!! What A VACATION that was! It was quite an adventure! We flew from SLC to Manchester New Hampshire on a Sunday after noon.. We visited with my family there for 2 days. We were able to see family that we hadnt seen in over 2 years and I was really anxious for Josie to meet them since I've become so close to them over the years! It was a short but Wonderful time!! We then rented a car.. We jumped in the car and drove 6 hours southwest to New Jersey where my moms cousin lives (That was quite an adventure in itself with a 1 year old!! She was not a fan of the car that long!!). But once we got to NJ, We stayed with him for 2 days and he took us into Manhattan both days! W.O.W. is all I can say! It was such an awesome experience.. Something we may never do again in our lives. We went to the 9/11 Memorial (which was so neat..), Statue of Liberty (once in a lifetime...), FAO Schwartz (and played on the huge piano that Tom Hanks played on in the movie "Big"!), Central Park, Broadway, Rockefeller Plaza (Saw Alec Baldwin as he was filming "30 Rock"), Times Square, Wall Street and so much more! We took a ferry both days on the Hudson River! Saw where Sully landed his plane on the Hudson! It was all so much to take in.. I took a million pictures!!! After the two days there, we rented another car and drove 6 MORE HOURS, now Northwest, to Liverpool, NY to visit Matts brother and his family! We stayed there for 7 days and had sooo much fun spending time with them! We took a vacation within our vacation and all 7 of us went further Northwest to Niagra Falls. We covered a ton of miles within 10 days! From touching down in the plane in New Hampshire to the time we flew out of Albany New York, we covered over a 1000 miles between 7 states! What a great memory for Matt and I. Josie wont remember it but I took alot of pictures so she will know all about it!

Josie is growing way too fast. I remember people telling me that she will grow so fast before my eyes, but I never realized HOW FAST! She is so fun.. She looks like her daddy so much still! I love that! But she has my 'girliness'.. She carries any bag she can find like a purse.. she has a cell phone and acts like she is talking into it.. she LOVES her Meow meow kitty still.. My sister Nat gave her a stuffed puppy and she adores that. she totes it around and says "PupPup'. She says "dad".. She says "Pa" (for Matts dad) and "Papa" (for my dad). When you ask her to show you her belly, she lifts her shirt and pats her tummy.. She just amazes me every day. Its so fun to watch her grow and her little mind become so smart.. The little things like when I am folding laundry and she steals a sock and works so hard to try and get it on her foot. I love it. She is always brushing her hair or her puppys/dolls hair. She really likes music! My mother in law has a piano and they will sit on the bench together.. My mother in law will play a song and Josie hits the keys and thinks she is playing the beautiful song! She is getting so tall! She is thinning out. shes still my little chunky monkey but she is definately thinning out from growing and being more active. I could go on forever about her lol

Christmas this year has been wonderful so far. We welcomed 2 new family members to our family on Dec 7!! My sister in law had twin baby girls and they are BEAUTIFUL!! I wish I could meet them! New York is TOO far away.. :( But I have lots of pictures that she sends me. My in laws are there for Christmas again, helping Dave and Teresa with the new babies! They are going to be a lot of work for them especially since they have two older kids, Mason and Abby! They are going to possibly come to Utah in the summer which I really hope So I can love on those babies!! They named them Tessa and Tally. They are so stinkin cute!!!!! I am a proud aunt!

Speaking of proud Aunt, I have SUCH HAPPY news to share! I am going to be an aunt AGAIN next August!!!!!!!! To mine and everyone elses surprise, my sister Natalie is pregnant!!! I guess theyve been trying for a little while and didnt want to tell anyone!! Kyrie is going to be a big sister! We are ecstatic!!!! Natalie and Roger had told our family that they didnt want anymore kids after they had Kyrie, they only wanted one kid. So this was a HUGE surprise. Most of us even asked if this was an 'oops' lol All I know, is Im beyond excited!!!!!!

Josie has been alot of fun this Christmas! She has recieved a couple presents here and there and she is so cute when she opens them! She actually shows excitement and opens them up with such enthusiasm. To my surprise, she has not even bothered our Christmas tree or tried to open up any presents under the tree. She has only ever opened the ones we have handed her. She is such a good girl.. I dont know how I got so lucky! I have been trying to show her alot of our Christmas traditions that we do every year. But she got really sick the first 2 weeks of Dec and that complicated things. We have been able to take her to The Dickens Festival, Christmas lights, Christmas movie, and Zoolights.. but didnt make it to Gardner Village, Thanksgiving point,Temple Square, Horse Carriage ride, Winder Dairy and Sledding (All of that was my "list" that I wanted to take Josie to do lol). We would have been sledding by now but we have had NO snow yet!! Maybe a couple days of light dusting but nothing sticking to the ground! Kinda frustrating, but oh well, we still have like 3 months of winter to do that!! :) We have taken her to see Santa and sit on his lap 3 times and she is not scared of him at all! I am a proud mama lol. She is so happy all the time! Most babies her age are scared to death of Santa haha.

Its 230 am and Im pretty tired. I worked tonight (well last night now), just a short shift 6-11 pm and then came home, threw laundry in the washer and decided to do this. So I better go put it in the dryer and hit the hay since the little bebe will be awake in 6 hours or so! :) Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas. Remember Jesus is the reason for the season.. None of this 'happy holidays' stuff Okay :) :) Love to all of you!

I will be posting pictures that will go with this post, hopefully soon! I put pics up of New York, My new nieces, Josie, Santa, etc. Have a great Friday!

No comments: