Oh my gosh, I am so tired.. We are so exhausted.. We have had no life outside this house. We spent the last 3 days busting our asses trying to get moved in. Friday, Stanley Steemer came in and cleaned the carpets. They look SO good! I was WAY upset at first though. When I got off work Friday, I got there and the carpet was rippled! Like HUGE bunches all over in the carpet. I was ranting and raving! I told Matt I was going to call and get our money back and I was kinda a little crazy now that I think back on it hahah. But Sat morning when we got there, it had all fallen and looked amazing. I was definately relieved! I guess its normal on old carpet that is looser. So Friday night right after work, I primered the accent wall in our bedroom. So it could completely dry, I moved to the kitchen and helped Matt completely finish painting the last coat of white paint in the kitchen. Then I put a coat of Cranberry (oh its pretty!) paint on the accent wall in the bedroom and we called it quits for the night (around 12 or so..) Saturday morning my mom met us at our apartment and we loaded Matts truck, my car and my moms car and took a nice big load to the house. It was mostly all kitchen stuff, storage stuff and spare room. My mom, Steven and teedily (Kyries nickname) helped me put it all away while Matt and his dad worked on getting primer started in the front room. After we put away stuff, we got to work in the bedroom and started priming the rest of the walls. Steve put another coat on the Cranberry wall and we, (my mom, I, Teresa, Mason and Kyrie haha) went to town on getting the room primered. I went rug hunting for under our bed and got an awesome black Shag Rug! Sunday, Nat and my mom (and teedily of course!) came back over and helped me unpack some more and clean. Monday, we moved all the big stuff!! But our front room is not finished being painted yet so allll my furniture is crammed in the back room and it feels like im back at square one! AHHHH! We have unpacked sooo much and yet there are still millions of boxes everywhere! We stayed at the house last night for our first night. Yesterday we worked from 8 am to 11:30 pm straight.. My body hurts so bad. I will be so glad when this is over. I vow to never move again without hiring movers. I will never deal with this headache again lol. We even missed Memorial Day with my family. Every year we either do a BBQ at my gmas or go to a park. Everyone went to Copperton yesterday and we missed out but at least we got a lot done. I get sad about that kind of stuff tho. Oh well, hopefully next holiday we will make it to!
We are heading down to Salina this weekend. I am so looking forward to getting away and forgetting about moving for a couple days. We are taking our four wheeler and going to enjoy being outside! Matts cousin is graduating from high school and they are having a big ol BBQ and all that fun jazz. It should be great fun!
Well my lunch is over so time to get working. Have a good day!
3 comments:
Sounds like a busy weekend! I am so excited for you to have a house. That's got to be the best feeling in the world! I can't wait to see it!
Wow,Tami. Sounds like you guys have a big project on your hands. Can't wait to see it. Love ya.
We want to see pictures!
Post a Comment