Saturday, July 17, 2010

The latest at the Dickinson home!

Still no baby. Have had some contractions- first on the 4th of July and then last Saturday after our family reunion. Im dilated to a 3 and 90% effaced. We have been soo busy this last week.. first we had to get all of our furniture out of our living room, hallway and all 3 bedrooms so we could have it carpeted! And we are STILL moving it all back in. You dont realize how much crap you have until you move it! Our room is completely put back together as well as the living room, but Josies room is ALMOST done. I wanted to hang decorations before we moved all the furniture in (which I just got finished doing!!). We have her armour, and dresser in. I have all of her clothes and all her belongings moved in too. Matt is putting the crib and blinds up tomorrow!! I cant wait to see her crib with the beautiful bedding we have! Our hospital bag and diaper bag are packed and ready to go.. Carseat is being put in the Jeep tomorrow.. stroller is already in the back of the Jeep.. Baby swing is assembled and ready to be used.. Bassinett is set up, just need to put a sheet on it... 800 diapers have been purchased (lol)...so I think we are pretty darn ready for her to come!! :) I love our new carpet. Its so pretty! I LOVE the smell of new carpet, feels like a new house! I have had a crazy burst of energy today. Its been nice for a change. I got a lot done! Spent the morning with my mom (which I LOVED), went to a yard sale, went to a baby shower for my cousin Jessica, got a lot of shopping taken care of at Walmart, put a ton of stuff away in Josies room, went to dinner, shopping at Carter's, got snowcones mmmm, and then hung decorations in her room!!! On Thurs, Matt and I visited Riverton Hospital to tour it. Its a brand new hospital and neither of us had ever been there. We wanted to have an idea of where to go when the time was here! They were really nice and I look forward to our experience there! Enough of me blabbing, heres some pics!:

We were told to follow these little feet print to the Labor and Delivery lol, I thought it was cute!
I threw a lot of my shoes in the tub since they were on the floor in my closet and had to be moved. Funny picture!(and yes that black half circle on the bottom of the pic is my belly!! I didnt even notice it made it in the picture at first hahaha)
This freaked me out at first when Matt sent me a picture! I have never seen red pad, but its a rubber like layer that is on top of the pad that is waterproof and a moisture barrier so the pad never gets wet!

Carpet being installed in the living room! It looks wonderful!!
Carpet being installed in Josies room (You can see it hasnt been tucked in the corner to the right yet, it was in the process)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow! It's crazy to think that it is finally almost here. Good luck, Tami! You and Matt will totally love the "falling in love" feeling you get when your little one is born. Enjoy EVERY moment!

I will be checking your blog constantly to see when she arrives!

Deana Matiyasic said...

I am so excited for you guys! You are going to be amazing parents!

P.S.
I LOVE your blog!!!