Thursday, March 5, 2009

Always in our hearts..

Last night around 8 pm, Grandma Maxine passed away peacefully. She was surrounded by her family and moved on to be with her husband, brother, and Chris. It was very hard to find out and accept but we are glad for her.. she is no longer in pain and is with her husband after 8-9 years.. We will miss her so much. She was such a loving, bright, happy, optimistic lady whom we loved being around. I will never forget that vacation Matt and I got to share with her 2 years ago.. She took us to Aurora where she grew up and it was great bonding time. Matt has been taking it pretty well. I think its because we have been up there almost everyday since shes been in the hospital and he has accepted it.. She lived with Matts parents for the last 9 years and Matt used to joke that he got to be her room mate for a lot of years :) We were fortunate to have had her live there and get so close to her.. She will be missed so much. She was the sweetest lady and had a heart of Gold. We love you Grandma Alvey..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks tami, im sorry about your grandma thats always hard.

amy said...

Hey tami- I found out from david on facebook.. kam and i wish we could have seen her before she passed, but i am glad she isn't in any more pain.. I kinda have been through the same thing when my mom died.. kam talked to pauline this morning and we will be there on sunday.. if there is anything you and matt need please let me know..

Anonymous said...

Matt and Tami, Death is never easy, but when you lose someone that is so good you know that God will welcome them with open arms and that makes it all a bit easier. She was a very sweet lady, and I enjoyed that I got to know her, Love ya Grandma Pinelle

Jessica said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandma, Tami. Make sure to celebrate her life and always make her proud of your choices you make each day. What a good lady.