Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thank you for everyones kindness



Thank you for everyones support and kindness during our sad time.. (Esp thanks Jessica R, Amy, Grandma and Jessica D for your comments on my last blog, it means alot to me!) I am so exhausted.. It has been a long weekend/week. It has been bittersweet.. Losing grandma was terribly hard but seeing the family has been really nice. I even got to meet (and LOVE) some of Matts family that I had never met!

Friday, Matt and I got ready for our company to arrive. We invited JJ and Alicia to stay with us. We went grocery shopping and SUPER cleaned our house. Saturday we met with our real estate agent, found a house we loved and wanted to put a bid on, and celebrated Chris's first birthday away from us. We went to the cemetary and had lots of balloons. I think there were 27 for his age. Dont tell the EPA, but we all wrote notes on the balloons and let them go lol. What a sight :) It was very touching and neat. Then after that we went to Kathy and Joes and hung out/partied and waited for the Portland family to arrive. Uncle Robert got here the Sunday before Grandma died, so his 4 girls, their husbands and their families and Aunt Glenna all drove down here! Well Casey and Tim were in California in Disney and they just flew here from there. But that night was fun. We just hung out and I met two of the four girls and their families that I hadnt met yet. I had met Casey and Tim and their kids, and Tina and Darce and their kids 2 summers ago and fell in love with them! I even asked Tinas girls to be in my wedding :) This time around I got to see all of them AND meet Toni and Dale and their boys and Alicia and JJ and their adorable baby! I love them all. They are such neat people and so much fun to be with!! I am so glad I got to meet them, just sucks it had to be under these circumstances.


Grandma Alveys viewing and funeral was very nice. Her casket was a beautiful rose color and it fit her so well.. Beautiful and Soft.. It was harder than I expected. I didnt think it would be so hard since we got to say goodbye and she wanted to go. I was at peace with that.. But the day of her funeral, I lost it.. I cried alot and was really upset.. She was such a sweet, kind, wonderful person who loved everyone she met and had a heart of gold. She touched everyone that knew her. Her wit was great! I will miss that :) I loved to hear her tell me stories of the past about her life, her restaurant, raising her kids, and so much more. I enjoyed going over and hanging out with just her on my lunch and having a diet coke with her. I'll never forget eating Ritz crackers and diet coke for breakfast on our trip to Aurora with her lol. She was such an amazing lady and I will miss her very very much!

My family means so much to me. They constantly show me what a family is all about. This weekend, my grandma, grandpa, Aunt Claire, Uncle Alex and my mom came to support Matt and I and Matts family at Grandmas Viewing! Then the next day, My Aunt Nana, Melissa and My mom came to the funeral.. Thank you guys so much for being there for us. I am so lucky to have the love and support that I have from you guys.. :)

I am finally over my diet coke headaches.. Its about time. It took over a week, but its worth it because just as I had thought, I am not having any more chest pains! So it was the excessive daily intake of caffeine. Yay!

My little Kyrie girl and her mommy and daddy went on a vacation! I am so sad she is going to be gone for a whole week!! What am I going to do without my Kyrie fix for THAT LONG! I already miss her and she left on Tues! She is getting so big, its crazy! She loves to tell stories and make actions with it. She really likes to tell Uncle Matt stories. Its really cute. He will ask her 'what did the kitty do to Aunt Tamis foot' and she comes and touches my foot and then runs back to him and jibbers a whole bunch and then raises her arm in the air and drops it and says 'duh'. ( I was teasing the cat one day -yeah i know, imagine that- and the cat swatted at my foot and hit it and kyrie re-enacts it!) its the cutest thing in the whole world! I have some really cute new pictures of her that I need to put up. I am at work so maybe when I get home, Ill add pictures.

Its our one year anniversary this weekend!! I cant beleive a whole year has passed us by! One year ago right now, I was a stressing bride-to-be that was trying to tie up loose ends and get ready for the best day of my life. And boy was it ever! We had such a beautiful wedding in our beautiful church.. And the reception was like a fairy tale for me.. It was perfect. I loved everything about my wedding day. I have no regrets, just wonderful, perfect memories! As for this last year, WoW! So much has happened.. Our marriage has been put to the test, with three incredibly hard deaths of our loved ones.. learning to live together..learning little things about eachother.. and just adapting to being married! But it has been a wonderful year and I look forward to spending many many many more years with Matt! I cant wait for Saturday. We are going up to Lava Hot Springs Idaho and staying in a bed and breakfast! Doesnt that sound so sweet and romantic :) :) :) I am taking Monday off work and we are staying 2 nights, sat and sun. It will be a nice little getaway!

Well almost off work and to Matts moms to hang out with the crew. They are all still here until Fri. Have a good night :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw Tami... *hugs*

As far as your time in Lava Hot Springs- ENJOY IT! Tony, Ryan Andrews, and Scarlette went up there around this time back in 07 and it was AMAZING! I had such an amazing time. :)

Anonymous said...

The balloon pictures are amazing! that is such a great idea WOW! have a wonderful anniversary! Lava hot springs sounds so wonderful right now! relieve some stress and relax!