Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Life is good.

Geeez i've been slacking. We finally got internet so I can post pics more now. Dave returned home from Iraq on Monday the 10th. It was so wonderful to have him home and safe. He was so happy to see his family and kids. I couldnt imagine being Teresa, what a strong woman. We have really enjoyed hanging out with them since he's been here. We have spent almost every night hanging with them because they leave to Georgia in a week and a half. They leave the same day we leave for Boston. Its going to be really sad to say goodbye.. I am way too close to the kids and Teresa for them to leave. Argh I hate long distance.. One extreme to another- first our neighbors then living 2500 miles away.

On the positive side, Our home is coming along more every day. I want to hang more decorations but that all has to wait. I am a crazy cake maker at the moment. I made PRs cake (seen below), going to make Kyries Birthday cake and cupcakes for her party Sat, going to make a (big) cake for Daves welcome home BBQ on Sat, and then have to make my cousin Nicks bday cake for Sun. I have to take half of Fri off to start them.

I am going to take a class this semester to get my x-ray license. I am excited but not. I always want to better myself and my education but Ive enjoyed being out of school for so long. No deadlines, stress, homework, tests, studying, finals,etc. Oh well, its only 1 class and 1 semester and will look great on my resume. My work is paying for me to take it which is awesome. Then I will be able to take x-rays when Im in the back. It will be good!

Matt is looking awesome. He has lost 30 pounds. I am trying to lose too but only down 8. Hes so strong and driven. I love my husband. Hes such a great guy :) Like today, he came into my work and brought us cookies and me a diet coke. He always does little things like that, that mean the most to me.

We are getting excited to go on our vacation!! Only 10 days to go!!!! I cant wait. We are flying into Manchester, New Hampshire. Oh what a beautiful place. Back east is so green and pretty. I LOVE the ocean. I cant wait to dip my toes in the freezing waters at Hampton Beach. We are going to visit all the family, go to Maine, Boston, Rhode Island and all over lol. It will be nice to get away!

Well enough blogging for one day. Back to work. Ciao!

No comments: