Sunday, March 14, 2010

March madness :)

Gotta love Daylight savings time! Spring ahead... I hate mornings, let alone losing an extra hour of sleep haha. The older I get, it gets a little easier, I guess :) It takes a couple days and I'll be used to it. I like living in Indiana where we didn't have to change our clocks at all. It was nice. The only thing that was confusing was trying to figure out how many hours ahead of my mom I was. Didnt want to call her too early or late. I wish Utah would join Indiana, Arizona and Hawaii and give up Daylight Savings Time. Oh well, just one of those things you deal with :)

My pregnancy is still going wonderful.. No complaints at all! I have my energy back so much more. Boy am I thankful for that!! :) Each day is a blessing.. I love growing this child in me. I love her so much already. I feel her move like a little butterfly in my tummy. Matt felt her for the first time last week. He shook my tummy and put his hand on it, and she like dragged her elbow or knee across his hand. I told him he pissed her off and she was letting him know lol. We had our 20 week appointment last Monday and it went perfect. She is growing just as she should be, perfect little hands, toes, knees, spine, arms, etc. We watched her heart beat.. All four chambers of it. It was unbelievable to see her heart beat, in her body , in my body. Pretty darn amazing if you ask me! We saw her kidneys, stomach, and bladder. I am so excited about the name we picked out for her. Josie Isabella Dickinson. I think it is adorable. She already has so much for when she comes. Her grandmas, aunts, great grandma, and more have already bought her a ton of stuff :) So many little cute pink outfits (and other colors, dont worry haha), blankets, both handmade and bought, picture frames, stuffed animals, shoes, etc. I still have 3 showers too!! Yikes! We are very lucky to have the family and friends that we do! They are wonderful to us! Thank you guys. We havent started on her room but will in the next couple months. Im kind of dreading it.. The window may be a pain in the butt but I'll let Matt and his dad stress about that! I am looking forward to the painting and carpeting. The furniture will be so nice in there! It feels like we have so much time left but July will be here before we know it! Better get on it!

Here are some pictures of her. From my 16 week and 20 week appointments..

16 weeks: She is upside down on her head lol. She has plenty of room to move, so this is a little unusual this early lol. Shes a silly one already!


20 Weeks: Her sweet little profile. :)
Week 20: Her back. I love how detailed her little spine is.
Week 20: The bottom of her feet, look at those toes!
And then of course, the first belly picture.. I look really bad here.. Long day after work, but my mom took it with her phone so its dark and I look TIRED! haha. I promise a better one next time.. 20.5 weeks here:Tomorrow is mine and Matts 2 year anniversary! What an amazing two years this has been. We have been through alot in our marriage so far. In 2 years, we lost my uncle Randy, his cousin Chris, his grandma Alvey and also lost a pregnancy. That is alot for a newly married couple to deal with. We had to learn how each other grieved and how to be there for eachother. On the other end of the spectrum, we have traveled a lot, bought our first home, been river rafting, and other fun, happy things! Never a dull moment with us :) We have truly learned a great deal from eachother, and become closer and stronger because of it all. I wouldnt trade anything for the last 3 and a half years with him. He is my soulmate and my best friend! God blessed me with a kind hearted, loving, wonderful man. Here's to 70 more years together Babe. I love you Matt! (You are going to be a great daddy and I can't wait to grow and learn from having a child with you!)
We bought a new car last week! We had the Honda and then the Toyota truck. We wanted a more family friendly vehicle than the truck, so we traded it in. The Honda is still an awesome little car but I wanted a mid size SUV when I became a mommy to be safer in and easier to tote a kid in and out of. We shopped for a while and did our research and finally decided on a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Its very nice, cheaper than the truck (lower payment too), fully loaded, only 28 k miles, 2007, black and sleek :) I love it!!!! It gets decent gas mileage too!! I am so excited about it!!
Back to work tomorrow bright and early (thanks again to the time change). I don't mind though. I love my job :) Hope everyone has a good week XOXO

1 comment:

Heather said...

How cute are those pictures of your baby!!! I am SO excited for you. I asked Pauline to invite me to one of your showers...so be expecting a present from me!! And happy late anniversary to you! I am VERY happy that Matt married you!! And that we are neighbors!