Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers Day

We had a lovely fathers day!! I gave Matt a daddy-to-be card and then a book called A-Z for the new dad, and a picture frame that says 'Daddy and Me' that he can put on his desk once we get him and Josies first picture taken together! He had a great day :) We didnt make it to my grandmas house for the family brunch, because we couldnt work out times to see his dad and my dad on top of it.. We went to Lunch with his mom and dad and then went to the mall with them to return the shirt they bought for Matt today (it was a size too small). I, of course, had to stop in Motherhood Maternity and see if I couldnt find some cute summer/sleeveless shirts! I have been dying of heat and it hasnt even reached about 85 yet! Im in for it! At JCPenney, when we returned Matts shirt, we also bought him 3 pair of shorts and another shirt. And then at Motherhood, I ended up getting 3 new reallly cute shirts :) After that, we headed to my moms since my dad got off work at 4. We went to dinner with them (and Nat, Kyrie and Steve) and then had to leave by 6 so my dad could get my mom to the airport by 630. Matt and I then went by my grandparents house so we could see my grandpa for Fathers Day and give him the gift we bought him. We are finally home and Im pooped! Its been a fun weekend!! Yesterday was my last shower given to me by my mother in law. It was so nice to see all of Matts family :) I was touched by all the gifts and the love put into the gifts! I got more handmade blankets, tons more clothes, baby bath and bath supplies, and lots more. I want to take pictures of all the handmade gifts I received because I want everyone to see how beautiful they are! I want their hard work to be seen by all! It means alot to me.

My mom left for Denver tonight. She is going for training for a week. I think Im sad about it because she's going alone. I just hope she is careful and stays safe. I know, shes a big girl, but if she can worry about me, cant I worry about her? Haha.

I am 35 weeks along and have an appointment tomorrow afternoon. I am going every two weeks now since Im in the last month. It feels weird, I feel like I just went to my last appointment. It was on June 4th. Boy, its getting close now. I think I will miss feeling her move all the time.. I have really really enjoyed that. I smile every time (which is alot!) I feel her move. Its just amazing to me... truly amazing. The miracle of life is the greatest gift God gave us. I am getting pretty big and hippo-like! Haha. I told Matt I feel so round! And I still have 5 weeks to grow! Wowzers.. Kyrie is getting really excited about Josie coming! Friday night, we were at my moms and I was sitting on the couch. She comes over to me with two packages of fruit snacks and I ask her who they were for. She said one was for her and the other for Josie. Isnt that the sweetest thing?! I asked her how Josie should eat them since she was in my tummy and she put the package on my tummy, and said "just like this, and she cant eat them through your belly!" haha, I am so glad that she already accepts her and will be so sharing and loving with her! Yesterday, she walked up to my stroller, pokes me in the belly and said "Josie needs to come out so you can put her in the stroller and take me and her to the park!" I cant wait to see them together :)

We are moving along on the room. I need to post pictures of it soon. I have made really cute letters of her name to put on her wall. They were white, but I cut out adorable different-designed scrapbook paper and covered the letters. I still need to modge podge them to make them glossy and put glitter on them. I want to hang them on the wall with ribbon but not sure if it will look okay because the "I" has a short top and might look funny. I am also making her lots of flower and bow clips for her hair!! I have had so much fun doing it. I kind of taught my self and now she (and Kyrie) have a lot of new flower and ribbon bow clips!! They are going to be stylin' mamas!!!

Im loving work still and am hoping to work up until the day I have her! My dad told my mom Saturday morning that he doesnt think I will make it to full term. Dont ask why he said that, he just comes up with random thoughts.. Only reason I point that out, is because my dad was the only one right about the sex of the baby. We were all convinced it was a boy, but my dad kept saying 'nope its a girl, I guarantee it' and he was right. So the fact he just randomly came up with that, I kinda wonder! haha! I have strict orders from both my mom and Matts mom of when i CANT have her.. Like this week is a NO from my mom since shes in Denver, then Matts parents are heading up to Portland June 29 to July 6, and then July 8-11 is our annual camping family reunion (which a hotel, down at the bottom of the canyon is sounding really comfy versus a tent!) but we cant really miss that because we are in charge of alot of it! Ill do my best :) :)

Well off to bed so I can get up for work. I am soooo tired anymore. I almost feel as tired, if not more tired, than I was during my first trimester! Hope everyone has a very nice week!! XOXo

No comments: