Thursday, March 4, 2010

Updates!

I am 19 weeks pregnant (4 months, 3 weeks) this week. I have my 20 weeks OB appointment on Monday March 8th :) Im looking forward to it!! I am starting to show. I have lost 6 pounds since I went to my first appointment in Dec. It really made me nervous. I talked to the doctor and he reassured me that it was normal since I'm using so much energy and work on my body to grow this little baby. It causes weight loss in those who are, how do we put it, on the chunky side lol. I cant do up any of my pants anymore so I wear these cool new things called belly bands. They are a great invention and postpone me having to buy maternity pants for awhile. I have already been shopping and have some realllly cute maternity tops. Secretly, I have been really excited to start showing. It makes it more real for me. I know everything is okay so far, but I still have a little anxiety about something happening again. I want to feel her and see my belly protruding so I KNOW its real. I felt her the other night and it was the neatest thing! Wow this is all so incredible and magical (corny I know) but I have wanted it so badly and dont want to take one moment for granted. I had a blood test last Friday to test her for Spina Bifada, Downs Syndrome, and Trisomy 18. The nurse called yesterday and said the results were perfectly normal so thats one more weight off my chest. I would love her regardless though. On Monday, when I go in for my next appointment, they do an ultrasound (I know, crazy, another one) to check the length of her bones, skull, spine, look at all 4 chambers of her heart, her organs, etc! Its amazing what they can do these days.. They want to make sure she is growing at a normal rate and proportionately. At 19 weeks, I should have gained 8-14 pounds, growing tummy, itchy, dry tummy (which I put Vitamin E lotion on LOTS), and less fatigue. My appetite should be growing but its not at all. I cant eat as much as they want you to. I eat 6 small meals a day but have to force myself most of the time. I drink SOOOOO much water lol. I have been having some back pain but not too bad yet. Its the sciatic nerve so it goes down my left leg. I can live with all that! Its been soo easy. I know its not over yet, but I'll take it as it comes. As for little Josie, she is 6 inches long, weighs 14 ounces (not yet a pound!), is growing fine scalp hair, has little eyebrows, her little toes and fingers are growing nails, and she is getting bigger every day! We still have the room to remodel for her and look forward to doing that. I will post pics before and after! But it wont be for a whiile :)

Going to go do something productive like make dinner! Have a great night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tami,

Great news, don't worry about gaining weight. I didn't start to show until 6 months with the first baby (Brian) and only gained 22 lbs. which was great, much easier to lose once he was born. Just eat healthy and take your vitamins and you will be fine. I am so very happy for you. Lots of love Aunt Gina

Jessica said...

Thanks for the update! We want to see pictures! :)

PS. Love the belly bands! They were my best friend.