Monday, September 24, 2012
Zions, Vegas, Camping, home-build and all that jazz
What a busy couple of weeks we have had! It has been fun though. We have been busy watching our new home be built. It really upset us that it hit a 'wall'.. it sat for 3-4 weeks with nothing happening to it! Finally last week, it started getting framed! Now we have all the walls, rooms are framed, etc. It is really exciting.
We took a little vacation with some of our best friends Cameron and Jo! They are our really good friends from Arizona. We went to their wedding in April in Scottsdale, Arizona. So we met halfway (ish) at Zions National Park and spent 5 days with them, camping, hiking and spending quality time together! We had a wonderful time. Wow, Zions is unbelievable.. SOOOO beautiful and has so much to offer! We hiked more than I think I've ever hiked in 5 days!! It was awesome. The leaves were changing.. We saw waterfalls, and weeping rocks, and all kinds of animals/wildlife. I didnt want to come home! It was hard to leave them again and leave that beautiful place! But we are home and back to the grind.
I am still (kind of) out of a job due to my workplace having that fire! They are still rebuilding as fast as they can, but in the meantime, I am working PRN (as needed) at Aspen Ridge Rehab and I really like it. They pay me quite a bit more but cant guarantee me hours. I cant wait until Legacy Village is rebuilt so I can go back to work there. I miss my friends/co workers, and all of my amazing patients. I feel very fortunate to at least have a job at Aspen. I got hired on at Aspen 2 weeks before the fire as PRN to pick up hours here and there for extra moolah. Thank goodness for that opportunity. This situation isnt going to affect our new home loan. We have spoke with the mortgage lender (on MANY occasions lol) and he has never ran into a situation like this! He says we will make it work though. We may even be able to qualify on Matts income alone and put me on the title which is fine with me. My work (Legacy Village) is also helping us and working with me, they are going to have me work my normal hours for 4 weeks at their other facilities so I can have paycheck stubs for us to close on the house and get the loan. We are building with Perry Homes and we are working with Trent "Perry" , the son of Perry homes.. So that helps to have a little pull in that sense. Things will hopefully work out and be just fine!
Last month, my mom's family went on a camping trip! It was sooooo much fun! We rented 6 cabins and spent 3 days together!! It was me, Josie, (matt couldnt get it off since we already had requested time off for our Zions trip) my parents, Kyrie, My grandma and grandpa, Cousins Joe, Becky and Gavin and My aunt Claire, Nick and Lucas! We had a great time. We are going to do it every year! We already have the cabins reserved again for next year!
Josie is still doing great with potty-training! She is growing like a weed! Her sayings right now are "Ty Ty" (Tyler, my newest nephew), Nan Nan (Aunt Nat), Chev (our kitty Chevy), Pop ( my dad), Mama, toes, shoes, and SOOOO much more. She is talking our ears off and we LOVE it. We have been going to the zoo at least once a week, and she has sooo much fun running to the animals and mimicking their noises. We have a membership to the zoo and have really enjoyed it. She loves it! Its so educational as well.
Time to take Josie potty again! Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
I have to end on this blurp: Notre Dame won again on Saturday! They are undefeated so far, won the last 4 games. The last time they did this well, being 4-0 was in the year 2002, the year I was THERE and attended all of the home games! Oh How I LOVE MY FIGHTING IRISH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment