Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October ALREADY!

Time is slipping away! Being busy makes time go by quicker, which is nice. Our house is moving along pretty well! It is completely framed, roof on, garage finished, ready for finish carpentry and shingles on the roof! This week and next, we are going to the electrical company to pick out our light fixtures, to the carpet place to finalize our carpet selection, going to the granite company to pick our slabs of granite and our sinks, and to the cabinet company to pick out knobs/hardware. Its becoming 'our' home.. Its really exciting. We go over every night to inspect things. Josie knows its our house and she gets excited when we drive up to it! When we bring our parents, Josie runs from room to room and tells them allll about it! She is proud of it too! This last weekend, I went on a girls weekend getaway to Vegas! I went with my mom, Natalie, My Aunt Claire, and cousin Amanda. We drove down there on Friday and stayed at the Hilton (my work franchises some hotels so we got a killer deal on it!) It was a 2 bedroom suite with 3 beds and kitchen! it was sweeet. Our cousin Andi and her family live down there, so Andi joined us in the room and stayed with us for the whole weekend! We had such a great time! We went Friday night to Margaritaville and had dinner, went to Bellagio and watched the fountains and checked out their BEAUTIFUL gardens, and just enjoyed the spectacular lights/views at night on the strip. On Sat, we had an awesome breakfast at our hotel, went to the MnM factory, Coke factory, Cosmopolitan, and alot of other places and had dinner again at Margaritaville. Nat, Amanda and I all knew Blink 182 (my favorite band since I was in 9th grade) was going to be in Vegas on Saturday and looked into buying tickets but they were $120 so we decided against going, way before we went to Vegas. Well Saturday, we were in the Cosmoplitan (where Blink was playing) and saw the signs for Blink.. we were bummed but knew we didnt want to pay that. Out of curiosity, I went up to the desk and asked, and because it was hours before the concert and buying them directly from Cosmo, tickets were way cheaper!! So us 3 girls decided to GO! What a fun, last minute decision/surprise that was! It was a small concert, only 1,000 people there and it was the closest I've ever stood to them! Pretty cool! My mom, aunt and cousin had 'old people time' while we went to the concert (as me, Nat and Amanda called it lol)! Andi and Claire got my poor mom drunk! Hard to believe, I think I've only seen my mom buzzed once. haha. She had fun though and enjoyed letting loose and having a great time! Sunday, we woke up, went to the Venetian, watched some more on the strip and then headed home! All 5 of us drove down in my car! And then to end the trip, I am an idiot and left my wallet at a Jack In The Box in Mesquite Nevada!! What a scary feeling! Luckily, a kind person gave it to the employees and they held it for me. I wasnt sure what I was going to do. Its a 6 hour drive and we were halway home when I realized. I called them and they said they werent sure they could send it to me! I figured I would have to drive back down during the week or something. It has everything in it!! I couldnt just cancel my cards and get new ones. The owner of Jack in The Box called me the next day and was SOOOO nice! He overnighted it to me and I told him there was some cash in there and to please take it to pay for it and he refused! What a nice guy! I am a huge believer in Karma!! Looking forward to Halloween! I have mine and Josie's costumes! I will post pictures after Halloween! Matt is a butt and doesnt get into it like I do. Thats okay though. He's still very supportive! This weekend is my Uncle Bobs wedding. They are doing it in fall decor/colors, it will be pretty. I still am really trying to figure out how to get to a Notre Dame game this season!!! I would love to see BYU at Notre Dame on Oct 20 but that will be a really costly trip with plane tickets, room, food and game tickets.. Notre Dame is playing at USC in Cali, and I am kinda working on that one. It is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. That day is the day I always put up my Christmas tree and since we dont have our own house, Its actually a good year to go. Long story shortened, I helped a lady at Zions National Park (she fell, broke her arm in 3-4 places, I drove her over an hour to St George Emergency Room, she later called me and told me she has vacation rental homes and offered it to us for what I did) So we would only have to pay for gas around $130 roundtrip, our food and game tickets. We'll see what happens! Having a wonderful summer /fall so far! Couldnt ask for more :) Well better get some laundry in and give little miss attitude a bath! Hope everyone has a fantastic day! Love you all! XOXOXO

No comments: