Matt was hurt years back (7 to be exact) at work. He first hurt his shoulder while digging a grave for a baby when he worked at Larkin Mortuary. His employer sent him to a doctor but the doctor did nothing for him. Then they put him through physical therapy. A little while later, he was carrying a bucket on his shoulder and a door opened and pushed the bucket backwards and his arm/shoulder went with it. He had MRI's, xrays, surgery, etc then to fix it. 7 years later it still hurts him and he figured it was just because it was a bad injury. I work for orthopedic doctors and Ive been trying to get him in here to have them look at it to no avail. Last weekend we went four wheeling and afterwards his hip was hurting him real bad. He asked me to get him an appointment to have his hip looked at. Yesterday he came in and before he came, I told the doctor about his shoulder and had him ask Matt about it. After assessing him, Dr Gordon diagnosed him with bursitis of the hip (which is not real bad, he has to stretch it out and maybe get a cortisone injection) and had the MA do xrays on his shoulder. The doc was shocked to see that one of the bones in the shoulder was completely apart and has been for a long time.. It wasnt a break that was recent, had to have happened back then and it was missed. So the two bones have been rubbing together for years and causing him alot of pain! The doctor said 'no wonder youre shoulder has been hurting!".. Now he needs to get surgery and have screws put in and a bone graft to try and reattach them. Poor guy.. I feel bad hes been hurting all this time and it could have been taken care of by now! He wants to do it right before Christmas break so that he can take that time to recover from surgery and not miss a ton of work. I am now kinda babying him, saying 'I dont want you to help Nat and Rog with their backyard, I dont want you driving the four wheeler, etc' but he said hes done all that for 7 plus years with the pain, it isnt going to stop him now. I love my tough man :)
We are going to Salina this weekend to go four wheeling with my mom and dad. We have our room booked (its a suite, 2 bedroom so no we're not staying in the same room as my parents haha) and are heading down after work. I am excited. I LOVE my quad and we didnt get it out this year.. Last weekend and this weekend is it. I went to the store on my lunch and grabbed goodies, water, powerade and diet coke, the essentials hahaha. We are packed and ready to go once I am off work.
I am hypnotized by Greys Anatomy as usual. I bought Season 5 on Tuesday and have watched 7 of 24 episodes so far. I REALLY wanted to finish this season before Season 6 starts next Thurs! Argh! That means at this rate, we have to watch 4 and a half episodes each night, Mon- Thurs (before 8 pm) to be done hahaha! Yesterday we did watch four though, so maybe theres hope! And maybe watch a couple Sunday after we get home from our trip! Its possible!!!!!
Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL weekend :) :) :) Love you!
1 comment:
WOW!! I can't believe that about Matt's shoulder! I'm glad you were able to talk some sense into him and get him to the dr. Have a fun weekend and we're keeping an eye on your house! ps. Those cakes are awesome!!!
Post a Comment